• 11½ oz (320 g) Delverde perciatellini
• 4 san Marzano or plum tomatoes
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• fresh basil
• red chili pepper
• Roast the bell pepper over the open flame of a gas cooker or under a broiler. Close in a plastic bag to steam. once cooled, peel and deseed. cut into strips and set aside.
• Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then peel, deseed and cut into strips.
• Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic, basil and chili. add the tomatoes and pepper strips, season with salt and cook over high heat for about 6-7 minutes.
• Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the perciatellini until al dente.
• Drain and toss with the sauce in the frying pan, adding more basil and a little extra-virgin olive oil.
Preparation time 15 minutes – cooking time 15 minutes – Level of difficulty