• 1lb (450 g) Delverde lingue
• 3½ oz (100 g) green beans, topped and tailed
• 2 potatoes, diced
• 40 basil leaves
• 1 tbsp grated pecorino (italian ewe’s milk cheese)
• 4 tbsps grated parmesan
• 2 tbsps pine nuts
• 5 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 garlic clove
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes and green beans. When the water returns to a boil add the lingue. Make the pesto processing the basil leaves, extra-virgin olive oil, pecorino and parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and galic clove in a food processor.
• As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain together with the vegetables, using a slotted spoon so the cooking water is reserved. chop the green beans. place the pasta, potatoes and green beans in a large serving bowl.
• Dilute the pesto with 1 spoonful of the pasta cooking water and add to the lingue. stir well and serve hot, sprinkled with extra grated parmesan if desired.
Preparation time 30 minutes – cooking time 15 minutes – Level of difficulty easy