• 14 oz (400 g) Delverde whole-wheat organic linguine
• 9 oz (250 g) fava bean pods
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 4/5 cup (200 ml) vegetable broth
• 6 tbsps grated semi-aged pecorino (italian ewe’s milk cheese)
• pecorino flakes
• 1/2 red chili pepper
• salt and pepper
• Shell and peel the fava beans. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, sauté the garlic and chili and then add the favas and broth and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove the garlic and chili and stir in the grated pecorino.
• Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the linguine for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the pan with the sauce and continue cooking until al dente. sprinkle the pasta with pecorino shavings and serve immediately.
Preparation time 10 minutes – cooking time 20 minutes – Level of difficulty