• 12½ oz (350 g) Delverde spaghettini
• 24 asparagus tips
• 20 shrimps, shelled
• 1 garlic clove
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) brandy
• 3/4 cup (7 oz or 200 g) tomato sauce
• 2 red chili peppers, minced
• salt and pepper
• Heat 1 spoonful olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the chili peppers. add the tomato sauce and let simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat 2 spoonfuls oil in another frying pan and sauté the unpeeled garlic clove until golden. add the shrimps, sauté briefly, then add the brandy.
• Add the asparagus and cook for 10 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghettini until al dente. Drain and transfer to the frying pan with the shrimps and asparagus. Arrange on serving plates and serve topped with some spoonfuls of the spicy tomato sauce.
Preparation time 20 minutes – cooking time 30 minutes – Level of difficulty easy