• 14 oz (400 g) Delverde penne lisce
• 1 head of radicchio, preferably treviso
• 9 oz (250 g) primosale cheese (or other soft, mild cheese) diced
• 5½ oz (150 g) sausage
• 1 garlic clove, unpeeled and smashed
• 1 yellow onion, minced
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsps milk
• 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
• salt and pepper
• Grind the fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the onion. Add the fennel seeds. Meanwhile trim the white stalks of the radicchio leaves, and finely slice the red parts. Remove the skin from the sausage and crumble the meat into the frying pan with the onions. Add the garlic. Brown the meat for 1 minute, then add the radicchio. sauté for 5 minutes then add the milk and adjust salt and pepper.
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta. Drain and add to the sauce together with the cheese. Stir well, then serve immediately.
Preparation time 15 minutes – cooking time 20 minutes – Level of difficulty easy