• 14 oz (400 g) Delverde orecchiette
• 2 medium-small fennel bulbs
• 1 pinch of saffron
• 1 handful of baby spinach leaves, shredded
• 5½ oz (150 g) camembert (soft, creamy, surface-ripened, round cheese), chopped
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 2/5 cup (100 ml) milk
• salt and pepper
• Trim the fennel, removing the hard base and the green leaves, and cut into thin wedges. place enough water to cover the fennel in a saucepan and add the saffron and salt. Bring to a boil, add the fennel, cook for about 15 minutes until tender but still al dente and drain. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic and add first the fennel and then the spinach. cook for 1 minute and season with salt and pepper. add the milk and the cheese and stir until melted. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the orecchiette. Drain and transfer to the pan with the sauce and stir well to combine.
• Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan, if desired.
Preparation time 20 minutes – cooking time 25 minutes – Level of difficulty