• 14 oz (400 g) Delverde calamari
• 15 small langoustines or jumbo shrimps
• 1 small eggplant, seeded and diced
• 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 3 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 5.5 oz (150 g) minced celery, carrot and onion
• 1/2 red chili pepper
• 1 shallot, minced
• parsley, minced
• sunflower oil
• salt and pepper
• Using kitchen scissors, cut the langoustine tails open and extract the tail meat, keeping it intact. Reserve the shells and heads. Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and sauté the minced celery, carrot, and onion. add the shells, heads, and wine. Reduce and cover with cold water. simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Pass through a food mill and season with salt. Meanwhile, fry the eggplant in the sunflower oil, then drain on paper towels.
• Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the shallot and chili pepper. add the tomatoes and sauté over high heat briefly. add the langoustines and the eggplant. Sprinkle with parsley and pour in some langoustine broth. lower the heat and simmer. When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Finish cooking in the pan, adding more broth if necessary.
Preparation time 20 minutes – cooking time 90 minutes – Level of difficulty medium